Service Technician Job Description
Carl’s Quality Cooling and Heating is seeking a Technician to join our Conroe, TX team!
Carl’s Quality Cooling and Heating LLC is a premier service company providing air conditioning, heating repair service, HVAC sales, and maintenance service in the North Houston area since 2006. We believe our employees are the most valuable business strength; therefore, it is important to us that we take care of our own. We make it a point to recognize and reward those who work hard.
This is a full-time position and will include some on-call evenings and weekends in rotation. We offer employee and family benefits after a 90-day probationary period including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance as well as above average pay and compensation. Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
- Perform installation of HVAC related equipment following company policies and manufacturer’s specifications
- Carry out wiring of both low and line voltage to cooling and heating equipment
- Perform installation of copper refrigerant lines to air conditioning units, including brazing and soldering
- Perform installation of flex and sheet metal duct systems in light commercial and residential buildings
- Ensure connection of gas lines to heating equipment is properly done
- Determine the right material needed for installation work by pre-measuring jobs
- Receive all materials and equipment required for each job, confirm and load them into company vehicle
- Provide necessary support to other team members to be able to complete tasks on time as instructed by management
- Create and maintain cordial and collaborative working relationships with both superiors and co-workers
- Ensure all paperwork needed for each job is accurately filled out
- Carry out readings on machines with the full understanding of the implication of such readings
- Ensure assigned company vehicle is kept clean
- Perform any other duty that may be directed by management.
What’s in it for you:
- Weekly Pay
- Paid Time Off & 7 Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Benefits Package including Health, Dental, and Vision insurance options
- Matching 401k
- Supplemental Insurance – Accident, Critical illness, etc.
- Tool Funds
- Life insurance options for you and your family
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid TEXAS Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent;
- EPA certification
- Minimum of +1 year(s) HVAC installation experience with Resume and References
- Possession of High School Diploma or GED or equivalent; EPA certification
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and customer service skills
- Must have an honest and dependable personality
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong ability to distinguish between various HVAC equipment
- Self motivated individual with strong ability to follow instructions and work alone, as well as work effectively within a team
- Possession of valid TEXAS driver’s license with good record of driving
- Ability to pass a background check for criminality
- Strong ability to write and read in English language
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 100lbs safely
- Strong ability to operate under severe temperature condition of 120 or more for long periods of time
- Ability to work on weekends, at night, and to work overtime
- Ability to climb, stoop, balance, crouch, crawl, or/and kneel continually.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are inspired to make a positive impact, apply today!
Please Note: Candidates MUST be able to pass/fulfill the following pre-employment requirements:
- Drug Screening
- Background Check
- Motor Vehicle Driving Record Check
Carl’s Quality Cooling and Heating LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer